Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hanging out at the West Pac

I just wanted to give everyone an update!!


We were offered a single family house, which is a blessing becuase we were expecting maybe The Towers (which are apartment buildings) or at best a triplex. The house that we will be living in seems to be very nice, it is a corner lot in a nice neighborhood on Camp Foster. Brandon will start school on Tuesday, and it is close enough that we will be able to walk.


But for now we are stuck here in our hotel... our house won't be ready until the 21st!!




Brandon got a haircut and learned to blow a bubble all in the same day!!






This is Danielle's favorite snack right now, Animal Crackers. It is about all she will eat!




Here is Derek... Doing important Officer work.





This is our very own Sleeping Beauty



















At least we have our own transportation now... This is Derek's car, it has really been taken care of on the inside so hopefully, the motor is in good shape too. On the other side there is a bit of damage, but that is just how it goes out here!




And this is my new "van"- I can't tell you what kind it is...something crazy I have never heard of before! It isn't really a van, the back doors open up just like a four door car. But, there is a third row.





Yes, the steering wheel is on the WRONG side!! It feels completely crazy to drive on the left side of the road. But I think I will get used to it pretty quickly, it is much easier when there is other people on the road to follow though. (I had a picture of this but I just accidentally erased it.)

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there until the 21st! At least you have a kitchen in there. I love the sleeping beauty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad that you guys got a single!

    Sad story: On Wednesday I was at the Church and I saw Kaitlyn Eason in her cubbie vest and from the back I totally thought she was Caidence and it took me a while to realize that it wasn't her because you guys are in Japan. It made me miss you more than I already do!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Melissa! I know you all must be cramped in that hotel room, we had some Coast Guard fiends move to Puerto Rico and had to stay in a hotel room for 3 months! And their kids were older, therefore larger, so at least yours are smaller and take up less room! Don't know if that makes you feel better or not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you guys out there. I hope the transition is still going smoothly.

    I remember growing up living in temporary quarters every new place we moved. I always loved it though. It will be a good memory for your little ones as well, I bet.

    Keep pressing on. I imagine it can be exasperating.

    Eat some sushi for me. I have been craving it lately, since I can't have it...of course.

    ReplyDelete