Friday, April 16, 2010

McCarthy Family Update

It has been awhile since I have put any pictures on here. I need to make it more of a habit, that way everyone can see the kids growing! They have grown so much already since we have been here. Brandon is becoming more independent, even helping the girls get breakfast on Saturday mornings when Derek and I don't want to get out of bed! Caidence turned 5 today...Wow. And Danielle wore underwear all day today with only one accident! I even took her to the post office, out to eat, and a quick trip into the exchange for some batteries.
Here are a couple of pics of the girls helping me paint the living room. This didn't last long before it became messy. (just long enough to get a couple of pictures!)

They were working so hard! Look at the concentration on Caidence's face.



Here are the pictures that I promised of Brandon riding his bike. I took these a couple days after he learned how. Now he is a little dare devil, riding off of the curbs and even popping wheelies! (little ones)

Here is our little 5 year old princess!


And Danielle... she will be peddling all by herself very soon.

I did take some pictures of Brandon playing soccer, but Derek took that camera with him when he left. (again)

And now... CAIDENCE'S 5th BIRTHDAY!!!

Here is our proud big brother who picked out and wrapped this present all by himself. (Too bad he didn't pay for it too!) I have to say, his wrapping job wasn't too bad. I just cut out a piece of paper for him and gave him some tape and he did the rest!

And she LOVED it! It was a new Hello Kitty game for Brandon's DS.


Now this is more like how big brother acts most of the time! Thank goodness for this box, it was the only thing Caidence and Danielle didn't fight about today. Danielle kept saying, "NO, its MY birthday!"



Here they are decorating the cake.



Happy Birthday Sweet girl.



This would be the new toy that Danielle thought should be hers. Caidence did NOT agree.



7 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Caidence! Melissa EVERYONE looks so grown up, I just cannot believe it. I miss you guys so much. I am so thankful that we have our blogs to keep eachother updated! I LOVE all the pictures. Congratulations to Brandon for being a two-wheel rider!! WOW and Danielle, my my what a pretty princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Caidence!! And I'm so happy you put pictures up. Please do it more often! The kids look so much older which makes me sad because I really haven't been able to spend time with them:( but hopefully we will be stationed closer in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle looks so old! I think that she looks so much like Brandon! Tell your kiddos that I love them! I love you also!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are great and I can't believe how big the kids are! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the kids are getting so big, thanks for sharing the photos! Happy Birthday Caidence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa!
    SO nice to meet you!
    What beautiful girls!
    And handsome son ;)
    I remember when mine were this small! {sigh} it goes by too quickly!
    I love Caidence's face upon opening her Hello Kitty present! Too cute!
    I have a 15 yr. old daughter that just bought a 3-pack of Hello Kitty lipgloss at Target.
    She gave me the grape-flavored one!
    Are you really in Japan?
    Your hubby is in the military?
    My dad was in the army and we moved all over, too, but never across the sea.
    I am curious to "follow" along and see how life is there, if you don't mind?
    Blessings, across the seas, from my home to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! They do look so big. I guess that is what they do...grow. I am learning that lesson now as well.

    Happy birthday sweet Caidence.

    Goodness! Danielle is getting big. I remember visiting ya'll at the hospital the day she was born and now she is potty training.

    Great job on the bike Brandon. Lookin' good! Take care of those sisters of yours.

    Love seeing the pictures. Hope you and the daddy of these littles are doing wonderful as well. :)

    ReplyDelete